Or Ignore It

I went south on a train recently. I wanted to see the sun. I hear it's nice. I spotted it after the train left Stoke. It was in the sky, doing what I believe is called "shining down". The journey was from then on very agreeable, except that every train station displayed pictures of Iggy Pop, selling insurance against a purple background, everywhere. And they made me wish for a national insurance policy that prevents your icons appearing on TV and on poster and in paper to sell you something. It could be called The National Whip-Round For Pioneers, or something snappier, and nobody would object, because we can now use The Iggies as an example of the preventable horrors.
Written next to his face in yellow is a slogan, different depending on the poster. I've forgotten what they are and am unwilling to look them up. But I was disappointed to not see one that'd been corrected with things he actually said in a good year, like 1977. I'm pretty sure most Iggy fans don't own cans of spray paint. I don't but it might be worth getting one to write the following next to his face:

I'm not sorry I was ill. Everyone gets ill sometimes and I was ill one evening and as I felt I was going to vomit anyway I thought I may as well do it with some style.

What sounds to you like a big load of trashy old noise is in fact the brilliant music of a genius...myself.

Have you ever felt like that? When you just couldn't feel anything and you didn't want to either?

I feel very strongly about what I do...and it's not all that good.

What did Christ really do? He hung out with hard-drinking fishermen.

What do we do with a life of work? Face it in the morning.